Saturday, November 20, 2010

Thanksgiving Preparations

Now my back is tired. We slept in a little bit today, then went to Hy-Vee for breakfast and ran a couple of errands. Found boxes of Christmas cards at Bomgaar's 25 for $1.99--YAY! We came back home and I cleaned the oven, did laundry, cleaned house, mixed up dinner rolls, went to see my mom, then baked the rolls. I still need to give Logan a bath this weekend if Jon doesn't get to it. I was hoping to make cinnamon rolls this weekend, too, but we'll see. I sure hope I can pull off the full meal with desserts and all the rest. I feel a little overwhelmed by it all right now. I think I may have a stress fracture in my left foot. It's bothered me a long time, but seem worse now than it has been. Rats. Okay, so this doesn't seem very inspiring....moving on.

Thought for the day

"We seem to consider that divine love is hard and self-seeking and distant, concerned about its own glory, and indifferent to the fate of others...But divine love is tender and self-sacrificing and devoted, and glad to bear and forbear and suffer, and eager to lavish its best of gifts and blessings upon the objects of its love...The slightest barrier between your soul and Christ may cause you to dwindle and fade as a plant in a cellar or under a bushel. Keep the sky clear. Open wide every avenue of your being to receive the blessed influences your divine husbandman may bring to bear upon you. Bask in the sunshine of His love. Drink of the waters of His goodness. Keep your face upturned to Him as the flower do to the sun. Look, and your soul shall live and grow."
"He is able to turn any soil into the soil of grace the moment we put our growing into His hands. He does not need to transplant us into a different field, but right where we are, with just the circumstances that surround us, He makes His sun to shine and His dew to fall upon us and transforms the very things that were before our greatest hindrances into the chiefest and most blessed means of growth. I care not what the circumstances may be, His wonder-working power can accomplish this; and we must trust Him with it all."
From "The Christian's Secret of a Happy Life" by Hannah Whitall Smith

Okay, so I accept with joy all that I face in this moment....better now! :)

No comments: