Wednesday, December 31, 2014

OUT WITH THE OLD, IN WITH THE NEW




Lord, I need a fresh start, a new year...I'm ready.
May Your Spirit blow a fresh wind through my soul and
clear out all that is old, stale, and reeking of the world.
The course of my reading on this last day of 2014
is about how Hezekiah began reforms in Judah
that led to a great revival.
It just so happens that they began the process on
the first day of the new year.
Me too.
How do You want me to start?


My child, we will begin where Hezekiah began---cleansing the Temple of all the defiled things that have collected there.  Over time your mind and heart absorb the influences of the world.  Bring your heart to Me just as it is and let My Spirit and My word cleanse away all that is false in your perceptions, attitudes, and opinions.  I will purify your eyes to see what I see and to hear as I hear.  Every thought needs to come before Me and be tested before you accept it as truth.  The thoughts that cannot stand the testing of My word must be rejected as false.

A will and heart cleansed by My blood and submitted to My Spirit is a treasure we will rejoice in together just as Judah celebrated the restoration of worship in the Temple.  Living in that joy, we will tear down the pagan shrines and sacred pillars that used to dominate the landscape of your daily life.  Time will become servant of the Most High instead of remaining the tyrant of your day.  You will draw your value from Me and never from the fickle dictates of people's expectations.  Your heart will rejoice to give mercy instead of finding ways to render judgment.  You will set aside noise and distraction in favor of quiet and restoration.  You will achieve wholeness by sowing to the Spirit rather than resorting to the methods of the world and the flesh, falling prey to their false ideals.

All this and more is waiting for us to share.  My lovingkindness and compassion are new every morning, and I rejoice to begin a new day, each day, with you.


2 Chronicles 29-31; 2 Corinthians 10:5; James 2:13; Isaiah 30:15;
Galatians 6:8; Romans 8:11-12; Lamentations 3:22-23

No comments: