Wednesday, January 6, 2010

A New Pattern

Christmas is over; the tree is down. I still have some things up and I'll keep my lighted houses up for quite a while. We had a wonderful time with all the kids and grandkids together. Everyone was healthy and the cousins had SO much fun together. I still need to put up some new pictures (thanks, Kelli and Jon and Tabbi and Trever). I'm still trying to get statements out at work (lots of hiccups this month), and I'm trying to adjust to working five whole days in a row!! What a baby! I haven't had a chance to wear my new winter coat yet, but I'm GREATLY enjoying watching the birds go crazy around the newly hung bird feeder (THANKS, JON)!!! We got a few new ornaments for our tree this year, too, from all the grandkids and a special Wicked Witch of the West ornament from Greg and Megan (or was it just Greg???). One of my favorite things is when we sing "Happy Birthday" to Jesus and the kids blow out the candles on the cake.

Thought for the day

I read a book by Stormie Omartian named "Just Enough Light for the Step I'm On". It was a very good reminder about what it means to walk with God daily. We all talk about it. We all intend to do it. But do we actually pray the words? Do we actually tell God that we love Him? Do we actually turn over the day to Him and actually ask Him to have His way? I know for me that I believe these things and they are my intent, but I know that in reality days can go by without really coming into His presence on any intimate level. The reminders in this book have helped me stop and really say the prayer. I have found it easier to recognize that I have a need and actively bring it to Him. It seems that I have gotten into a pattern of just expecting God to do His part without me asking Him. This has allowed me to slip into a pattern of not talking to or communing with God in a vital way. If I don't come to Him with my needs I miss out on His fellowship in a huge way every single day. I have a book to loan if anyone else needs a nudge!!

No comments: