Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas is Still Coming!

We're looking forward to having our Christmas this Saturday with our kids!! Kelli's and Megan's will arrive later on Friday and we'll party all day on Saturday...YAY!!!!!! First, though, we have to get Tru feeling better...poor little guy...it's his turn to have pneumonia! Get well fast, buddy!!! We're praying all of you travel safe and are well for the weekend!

Thought for the day

I love this verse from The Message.
Matthew 7:24 "These words I speak to you are not incidental additions to your life, homeowner improvements to your standard of living. They are foundational words, words to build a life on." It's easy to start taking familiar passages for granted and to feel like you already know what it says and you've "got it". But when I read it worded from a different perspective it always takes on new life. This reminds me not to take the words of Christ lightly just because they're familiar. Every word He says is a word I need in my life. If I let it pass by me I lose the opportunity to let God do His work in my life. I need to pay more attention and be alert and aware of what God may be saying to me when I read His word!!

No comments: