Monday, April 19, 2010

The Driver's Seat

"Anyone who intends to come with Me has to let Me lead. You're not in the driver's seat; I am. Don't run from suffering; embrace it. Follow Me and I'll show you how. Self-help is no help at all. Self-sacrifice is the way, My way, to saving yourself, your true self. What good would it do to get everything you want and lose you, the real you? What could you ever trade your soul for?" Mark 8:34-35 The Message

I like to read different translations from time to time, and I've been reading The Message a lot lately. It helps me get a fresh perspective on how to apply what God says to my everyday life. Embrace suffering. Don't help yourself; sacrifice yourself. Let Him lead. Let Him drive. Follow Him and learn from Him. Remember that your true self is the precious gem that God holds and forms in His hand, working all things for your ultimate good in bringing your heart close to His own.

No comments: