Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Perry the Peacock

I miss my garage. And my driveway. And access to my vehicle. It's only been a few days and I'm whining, I know. It will be great...eventually. By the time we get it done, I will REALLY appreciate it...almost as much as Jon!
Tabbi and I took the boys to the zoo on Sunday. The weather was completely perfect. It wasn't very crowded. We saw some of the animals we didn't see when we went last time. It was a great day. It think it seemed especially good just because I needed it. There have been so many sad and hard things this summer that it was time for fun. The most memorable moment may have been Tru's outburst while chasing a peacock..."Curse you, Perry the peacock!!!" Hysterical!!

Thought for the day

"When you attempt to live by your own religious plans and projects, you are cut off from Christ, you fall out of grace. Meanwhile we expectantly wait for a satisfying relationship with the Spirit. For in Christ, neither our most conscientious religion nor disregard of religion amounts to anything. What matters is something far more interior: faith expressed in love." Galatians 5:4-6 The Message
And I love this list of the fruit of the Spirit from Galatians 5:22-23. In NASB it reads "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness. faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." In The Message it reads..."He brings gifts into our lives, much the same way that fruit appears in an orchard--things like affection for others, exuberance about life, serenity. We develop a willingness to stick with things, a sense of compassion in the heart, and a conviction that a basic holiness permeates things and people. We find ourselves involved in loyal commitments, not needing to force our way in life, able to marshal and direct our energies wisely."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time - thanks again!
Tabbi