Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Joy

I'm making progress on my cat in the hat cross-stitch for Soybean. I'm about half done with the tie then all I have left is the hat (which is really tall).

Thought for the day

I've been thinking a lot lately about joy. It has seemed elusive lately. I think that's due, in part, to all the tough news we've had this summer. What is it that brings joy? What is joy, really? I believe joy is different from happiness. Happiness may be more the result of circumstances while joy comes from a deeper place. Joy can abide and survive in spite of circumstances, but it may require some action on our part. I heard (or read) that in order to have joy we may have to rejoice. Being thankful, renewing the mind in the truth, and offering a sacrifice of praise are actions that we have to choose. So we need to actively rejoice in the face of our troubles. It is not only the right path to follow, it is a powerful weapon against the enemy who seeks to steal, kill, and destroy. He is completely overthrown and left powerless when we rejoice and trust the Lord.

No comments: