Sunday, May 31, 2009

35 Years

Hi, everybody!! Today Jon and I have been married 35 years...wow, I feel like I must have gotten married and age 4 or so! No, I was 4 1/2, that's right! Of course if I count that way we've been married less than 9 years. Now I'm all confused! We don't have any big plans for the day. We went to Council Bluffs Friday night and ate at Quaker Steak and Lube...very fun place...thanks for the suggestion, Trever and Tabbi! The weather has been beautiful this weekend...maybe a motorcycle ride later. We'll be celebrating more in 3 weeks when the kids gave us a night in Kansas City and tickets to a Royals game! We're really looking forward to that!! Thanks, everybody!
Thought for the day
Thank You, Lord, for the gift of my husband. Thank you, Jon, for sticking with me through every part. Marriage is a blessing. It is also hard work. We each are fortunate if we find that person who wants to share our lives, but it takes constant care and adjustment to nurture and keep that alive. And it takes faith in a big God when our efforts seem to fall short or we just mess up. If I have advice apart from the obvious, it is to remember always that first friendship you and your spouse had...what you have shared...what drew you to each other in the first place. Then hang on to that against every force that would want to distract or attack that bond. Sort of like the siblings that may have differences but defend each other on the playground and stand up for each other allowing no one else to come between them. And always find every opportunity you can to laugh together.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

YAY!! We are very glad!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats again - and thank you!
tabbi

Luann said...

Thanks, everybody!! We appreciate you all, too!!