Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Consolations

Popcorn and TV tonight...less popcorn, more TV :). Jon has one more day off work then it's back to light duty. I switched from zyrtec to claritin last night and that seems to have been a good thing. I don't know if it will actually work better, but at least I'm not completely wiped out all morning the next day. Not much new going on here...warmer temps this week, but still mostly cloudy. The next two days will be much warmer then a chance of rain or snow again on the weekend. Please pray for safe travel for Megan and Greg over these next few days. They could really use a short break...just praying they don't overdo. Once a mom, always a mom :)
I watched an fb entry by a friend with pix from the home birth of her child. The pix were by a professional photographer and the slide show included music. It really was well done. While I'm not a fan of home births, it went very well and I'm very happy for them. If you know who I'm talking about you can check it out.
Came across a verse in my reading today that I memorized years ago...
"When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul." Psalm 94:19. I always liked that one...maybe because anxious thoughts are very sneaky and have a way of piling up. I haven't been feeling that way, but I always did like that verse.

Thought for the day

God's consolations...He loves us so much. All that stuff that we think about...He knows it all. All the craziness in our lives and the things that seem out of control...He holds it all in His hands. No need to stress or fret...He's the source, provider, shelter, protector, and forgiver of all.

No comments: