Wednesday, January 12, 2011

A Few of My Favorite Things

Logan hasn't run away for over 48 hours!!! Of course every time she goes outside she bumps her nose into that gate to see if it will open. I guess she's not entirely stupid...just very persistent. We'll see if we can hold up our end. That sounds bad at our age.....

Moving on, I had a chance to rearrange and reorganize my space at work today...shouldn't have that much fun at work. I know, I'm weird. I can't help it. I'm not quite inspired enough to rearrange my cupboards yet, but I may get there!

Thought for the day

"My counsel for you is simple and straightforward: Just go ahead with what you've been given. You received Christ Jesus, the Master; now live Him. You're deeply rooted in Him. You're well constructed upon Him. You know your way around the faith. Now do what you've been taught. School's out; quit studying the subject and start living it! And let your living spill over into thanksgiving." That is Colossians 2:6-7 from The Message.
I think these are words that a person would do well to review daily. What a start to your day...do what you know. You are already equipped, begin to take steps. If you're like me, it's easy to learn. I love to learn. I can go on a long time just soaking up things about the Lord, about prayer, about living the Christian life. But am I living it? Where does my faith hit the road and become the vibrant source of all that I say and do?
One of the sweetest things in life is to recognize that at the present moment I can let God have His way. I can practice in my attitude what I know from my study. I can set aside my irritation and treat that person with the grace that God has shown me. The Word that I read this morning applies to this very moment. When I obey, things change. I can see God work right before my eyes. These are a "few of my favorite things".
Of course, even sweeter are my grandchildren..... :)