Monday, January 24, 2011

Fresh Heart

It's been much nicer outside today....sunny and up to 34...things thawing for a while today. But I'm still cold in my own house tonight. It's nice that I have this wonderful blanket that Kelli made for me...thanks, Kelli!!!
Found out today that I've doubled up on NSAIDS. I asked a nurse on the phone if I could take naproxen that I have in the house even though I'm taking an antiflammatory already. When she asked and called me back she said that was fine. Apparently she didn't check my chart, or got the info wrong. Today when I called to get some more naproxen the nurse was looking at my chart and said, "You're already taking dicolfenac...you can't take both." Told her about the earlier conversation so she checked for sure and, yes, they are both nsaids, and, no, I mustn't take both. I looked it up online (probably a bad idea) and diclofenac is also the "most deadly" of nsaids while naproxen is the safest. I think I'll ask to stay on the naproxen instead since they said I could choose between the two. I love when I have to be my own doctor and do my own research on my meds... :( Mistakes happen...

Thought for the day

"So, friends, take a firm stand, feet on the ground and head high. Keep a tight grip on what you were taught, whether in personal conversation or by our letter. May Jesus Himself and God our Father, who reached out in love and surprised you with gifts of unending help and confidence, put a fresh heart in you, invigorate your work, enliven your speech." 2 Thessalonians 2:16
There's lots of good advice here...we may be reminded of positive thinking material. However, this is not a bunch of positive mumbo-jumbo, this is the living, breathing word of God. It is God who says take a firm stand, head high, hang on. And He is promising to be the source in our lives that will give us a fresh heart and put life into our work and words. We need to see the power of these words for our daily lives. We have every reason to have confidence and hope for our daily lives, not because of any strength that lies in us, but because God promises to supply all power that we need.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

ugh! way to go druggie!!! sorry you had to deal with that drama... glad you are taking something less intense now and not doubling up. and you are welcome for the blanket. i was wrapped up in mine tonight too!

Luann said...

it all turned out fine...hopefully this stuff will work. that would be a nice benefit :) my blanket doesn't get too far from my chair...i love it, and you!!