Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Open House

Another day...this one was our annual NFS open house complete with the Pancake Man (always good pancakes and excellent sausage). We served almost 600 people between 10:30 and 2:00...including the 80-100 FFA kids who come to help pour drinks, clear tables, and replace empty syrup bottles. I'm in the kitchen most of the time making coffee, koolaid, cutting butter, and filling syrup bottles, but I did get to see and talk to a few people. Tomorrow we'll all be back to the normal routine just in time for the end of the month.

Thought for the day

I don't have many thoughts today...certainly nothing too profound. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly we can go from "enlightenment" and "revelation" to almost no thought process at all. I suppose that is part of just being human...we mentally check out sometimes. It does make me wonder how God sees that. Does He allow for and expect these "mental breaks" or would He have us constantly engaged and actively seeking at ALL times? I will have to ponder.....What do you think?

8 comments:

Kelli said...

Amen for space out times!!!! I don't think our human brains could operate on total deep thought all the time!!!! I know MINE can't.... maybe tabbi's can... but not this girl!
Emmy would have loved the pancakes... I did NOT tell her what you were doing today!

Anonymous said...

no kel - i'm probably in space out mode a lot more than i should be allowed... tru would have loved pancakes, too. tre would have asked for blueberry syrup! sounds yummy. dephomas

Luann said...

DEPHOMAS?

Luann said...

The pancakes really were yummy!

Anonymous said...

oops. dephomas was my secret word to post my comment. apparently i put it in the wrong box...

protatin...

Anonymous said...

I think I'll put my secret word every time!! balnessi

Anonymous said...

how cool is that?
yeses

Luann said...

VERY FUN. Now I'm not so confused. Do you like my weather sticker? unesses nortr