Monday, March 9, 2009

Greg's Birthday

Today is Greg's birthday!!!!! Happy birthday, Greg...can't wait to see you get to Iowa!! No more 80's in March for you!!
Tomorrow will be a nasty weather day, but nothing like Kelli's family will see...blizzard, wind, snow, extreme cold. But it should be fine for the weekend and we are still planning on going there. We're very excited!! Tonight is Monday that means Chuck and 24...yay!!!! Today I got more thread so I can finish mending...maybe tomorrow night.

Thought for the day

I was reading in Acts this morning and in chapter 13 Paul and Barnabas are on their first missionary journey and Paul was preaching and speaks these words "Therefore let it be known to you, brethren, that through Him forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you, and through Him everyone who believes is freed from all things from which you could not be freed through the Law of Moses." Great stuff...freed from ALL THINGS. Let's see what that would include...performance, selfishness, self-centeredness, pretty much all the "self" stuff. The seed of any sin or bondage lies in the "self" at its core. So through Jesus we are freed from "self". This is great news with regard to our sin, but that aside, it's really great news in regard to our self-centeredness...our preoccupation with ourselves. We worry more about "our stuff" than we do nearly anything else and we need to realize that Christ has set us free from that bondage. The thing we need to do is count on that provision of freedom and begin to step into it.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

ummm..... stuff? surely not?!?!! just kidding.... i think I might have a bit of "stuff" that would fall under this category!

YAY CHUCK!
cfc

Luann said...

I think most of mine is "stuff"...but we are free of it!

Luann said...

Chuck was great!!!

Anonymous said...

Long live Chuck. Gosh, I wish I had some stuff. Or maybe I wish I could sell some of my stuff... maybe not. If I'm free of my stuff, do I still have to pick it up and clean around it and stuff?
tm

Luann said...

We need to try that garage sale thing again this spring. I don't know if we set up a table with our "stuff" clearly labeled like "self-consciousness", "selfishness", "pride", "me first", "worrying what everyone else thinks of me", and so on how well that will sell, but hey, it's worth a shot. And I think cleaning around it is what we do most of the time...trying to make it look better than it is!