Monday, July 13, 2009

Book Update

Well, it was back to work today!! How did that go for you today? Work was fine, but I'm taking regular doses of Tylenol today without noticeable relief. It still scares me when my back acts up, so I'm trying to take it as careful as I can. Some time this week I need to make a run to the city and get some stuff, but I'm not sure yet when I'll do that. I need to do some baking later in the week, too. Jon's been working hard all weekend scraping, priming, and painting the house. I've been no help whatsoever...I hate that I can't keep up.
I promised you some updates from my book reading, so here goes. The book, again, is "The Hole in Our Gospel" by Richard Stearns. This book will definitely get your attention and make you realize how self-centered and unaware the church is as a whole and at least I am personally. Did you know that 40% of the world population lives (?) on less than $2.00 a day? In this day of access to so many resources there is no excuse for us not helping them. We're presently trying to do a little research on a couple of groups to decide how we want to be involved.

Thought for the day

This is a quote by Bob Pierce "Don't fail to do something just because you can't do everything." That encourages me in the face of statistics on poverty that are overwhelming. God only asks us to do what He places in front of us with what He's given us.

3 comments:

Kelli said...

Sounds like a good book. Sorry your back is bothering you - don't worry about not helping on the house painting - just rest your back!

Anonymous said...

Mom - get feeling better fast! Love you!
tm

Luann said...

Thanks, guys, I'm being careful. I'm sure it will get better again!