Monday, July 6, 2009

Great 4th

We had a really great weekend with all the kids. Jon, Kelli, and girls came late Friday night then headed to Logan in the morning. We met them and Tabbi's family and Jon's family in Logan for the 4th of July parade. Megan and Greg were at our house when we got back. Tabbi, the boys, then Trever came later in the afternoon and we grilled supper. Kelli's family was here in time for all of us to go to the fireworks together. Almost everyone stayed overnight, and on Sunday Greg made us a great pork roast on the grill. Later the girls and I took all the kids swimming. They had a great time. That's the first time I've done any swimming in years and it felt great. Greg and Megan went home in the afternoon, Tabbi and boys later, and Kelli's family left this morning. We played the new Monopoly card game...very fun...you need to try it! I hope all of you had a fun weekend and I wish you a great week ahead!



Thought for the day



Today I started a book called "The Hole in the Gospel" by Richard Stearns the president of World Vision. It's about the failure of our faith to be the hands and feet of Christ in our world. I'm under conviction just reading the title. I'm very sure that we, the church, have failed to care for the poor and effectively bring much change to our society in the present. I'll keep you up on what I'm getting from the book, or better yet, read it with me!

No comments: