Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Getting Better

Thankfully, Jon is much better. Thanks to all of you who prayed for him. He did stay home today...still pretty wiped out, but he was able to be up and around and eat and drink, so he will go back to work tomorrow if he continues to feel good.

Harvest officially started at work today. Many farmers have been combining beans, but we don't handle beans. Our first new corn started arriving today so now things really change for me. The weather continues to be beautiful, but I'm finding I don't have enough time to get out there for walks or just get the things done I need to do before it gets cold. Never quite enough time....

Tried a new recipe for supper tonight "Bruschetta Chicken Bake" from kraftfoods.com I liked it, but I don't think it was a hit for Jon. Oh oh...there are leftovers for tomorrow night...sorry...
I'm too cheap to not finish it :)

Thought for the day

I thought today would be particularly irritating, but I tried to stay focused on what God has for me in the midst of all that and, while nothing changed in the circumstances, I was far less annoyed than I expected. If you understood the struggle I've had you would know that had to be a "God thing". So tonight I'm just grateful that He proved Himself true in my circumstance. That's the God that I can count on. That's the God I need...every day.

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Isnt it wonderful that He is faithful, even when we are not? I hope your day is good and that Jon continues to be better...you know how sympathetic I am...more sorry for you than for him...that's awful...really..I do hope he is better that you will be protected from this illness! Love you!

Kelli said...

glad the day was good - you sounded like you had had a good day when we chatted

Luann said...

Thanks guys, Jon did go to work today so hopefully he'll be doing great by tonight. I did not get sick---yay!!! Back to work, bye!