Saturday, October 18, 2008

October Saturday

The oatmeal fudge bars are pretty good, even if I do say so myself. But Jon does agree. It was a beautiful day...Jon was working part of the day, but it was still too muddy to combine, so he came home to work on GPS. Leftover ribs for supper. I got to talk to all the girls today...Kelli's doing a little better...keep praying!! Greg and Megan are enjoying being together again...hopefully their separations are done. He is staying in Winfield this week to take care of some things and see his family doc for some different input and hopefully a referral to a doc in Iowa City.

Thought for the day

It was good today to have some quiet time at home. A chance to pray, refocus, listen, be still, get a sense of balance in the middle of so much stuff in the world. Thank You, God, for being so faithful to hold me still and remind me that You are eternal and in control no matter how it may seem.
"I will say to the Lord, 'My refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust!' For it is He who delivers you from the snare of the trapper, and from the deadly pestilence. He will cover you with His pinions, and under His wings you may seek refuge; His faithfulness is a shield and bulwark...You will not be afraid...a thousand may fall at your side, and ten thousand at your right hand; but it shall not approach you...For you have made the Lord, my refuge, even the Most High, your dwelling place. No evil will befall you, nor will any plague come near your tent...Because he has loved Me, therefore I will deliver him; I will set him securely on high, because he has known My name. He will call upon Me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him, and honor him,. With long life I will satisfy him, and let him behold My salvation."

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I like your thoughts for today!
I've also been using your google search a lot the past couple of days. . . wonder if that is helpful for you?

Kathy said...

Psalm 91....one of my favs...I love it! What a wonderful day. We went to ANC today and I gave "Doc" a hug! He is such an amazing man, and so spry....he is so faithful to be obedient to the Lord, that He just keeps him ticking! PTL

Still struggling with the neck thing. I so want it to be well, and Im not being very patient about it. I hate pain....

Luann said...

Thanks, Kelli...I'm making up searches to do on yours, too. How's your total coming??

Kathy, wish we coulnd get together before you leave so we could pray over your neck...instead I'll pray FOR it. Stay well!!