Friday, November 14, 2008

Heee's Baaaaack!!

Jon is over at the office signing out. He stopped here long enough to drop off his bags, coats, and boots. I'm really glad he's back. And I've already started on the pile of laundry. I'm sure that tomorrow will be mostly laundry, and he will probably need to catch up on some work out at Brad's...I'm not sure. No big plans for the weekend...we'll see what comes together. How about you...do you have plans?

Thought for the day

It's good to keep the ones you love close. Jesus agrees..."I will never desert you, nor will I ever forsake you." The verse on my flip calendar at work today was Isaiah 30:15, a favorite of mine, "For thus the Lord God, the Holy One of Israel, has said, 'In repentance and rest you shall be saved, in quietness and trust is your strength.'" This is so good for me to remember when I am restless, fretful, or trying to find a way to work things out in my own strength. Some versions use the phrase "returning to Him" instead of "repentance." That holds true with repentance meaning a change of direction. I need to turn from my unrest and my fretful efforts to Him and rest there.

No comments: