Monday, November 10, 2008

Staying at Peace

Jon called a couple of times today...spent all day working on just 1/4 mile of line. It will be slow process. I worked a little late tonight, but I actually got caught up...a few loose ends that can still be done, but the daily work is caught up. Always a relief. :)

We're getting rain tonight and it may be freezing later...hopefully not for long. I don't mind snow so much, but I really don't like ice unless I get to stay in the house till it melts. That doesn't usually happen.

I need to find a good project to work on this week...I love some down time, but too much time alone sometimes doesn't sit well with my mental health. Yes, I can get crazier...who knew?

Thought for the day

It is not always the big things in life that get under our skin and steal our peace. Sometimes it's the daily struggle, the ordinary irritation, even concern for someone else's well-being. It can be so subtle...just hanging around under the surface and then rearing its ugly head when all is quiet. Sounds like me some days. Lord, I need Your peace...again.

Child, let Me repeat to your heart: Rejoice in Me always; again I will say, rejoice! Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let Me know your requests. And My peace, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Me. Finally, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, let your mind dwell on these things. Let your heart be at rest; I will take care of all of your burdens.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

wow - you, but even crazier?!?!?!? :) Just kidding!
dad is moving pretty slowly isn't he? Good thing he packed a lot of clothes. I'll let you know if I come up with any project ideas!

Luann said...

That would be good...worked on Blurb quite a bit on Sunday. How's the weather? We'll be upper 30's today and drizzly...that's drizzly, not grizzly.
Going with Tabbi to take boys to dentist and dermatologist so talk to you later...

Kelli said...

It's just cloudy and chilly here. Yesterday we only made it up to 26. . today should be 32. Maybe rain, ice and snow on Thursday though. Glad you were able to go with Tabbi and the boys.

Luann said...

It was kind of icky here...rained all day...very dark, low clouds. Got up to 42 but REALLY dark and dreary. I think we got everything done that Tabbi needed to...it's good I went, I think. Did a lot of sitting in the van with the boys while she "ran in here real quick". :) I hope you get snow because I know you are hoping for it.