Thursday, November 6, 2008

Routine or Change?




I feel like I'm returning to a little more "normal" pace after being gone. I don't think I'm a creature of habit until I do something just a little bit different (like being gone for 3 days), then I realize how much I'm used to my routine. When I returned to work there was 3 days backlog (even though I was only gone one). Plus there was the end of the month, statements, and a pile of loads of corn both in and out (each of in and out has its own set of documentations). So today was spent writing numbers--writing, not entering by computer, much of it on triple thick settlement sheets. All that to say that my hand is a little sore tonight--keyboarding on my laptop right now is much easier. I got caught up on corn today, and hope to get about half done with posting tomorrow. I know none of this makes sense to anyone else...thanks for humoring me by letting me talk about it anyway!!

I believe there are still puppies available for Christmas...don't forget to keep your eyes and ears open for anyone who may be interested. Nothing better than a puppy for Christmas!!!

Thought for the day

How about the rest of you? Do you prefer routine or changing things up? I think I like change but probably only if I can choose the changes. Go to see the kids and grandkids...let's go!!! Spend time with a friend I haven't seen in a while...you bet!!! But changing my comfort level, reaching out to someone not so "respected", giving more of my time, getting older, having more aches and pains, undergoing any kind of pain, loss, or hardship...not so much. That's why it's so important to train ourselves in living a life of thanksgiving and trust. It doesn't come naturally...it is something we need to PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. And we have the whole of God's power, presence, and help on our side...launch into it and step out of the boat and BE THANKFUL for whatever crosses your mind.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Good luck at work today!!
I have no idea what you are talking about - I don't like routine - give me something different every day! Right!????

Luann said...

Yeah, that would be you...never plan ahead, always upsetting the apple cart....sure... Kelli who?