Friday, November 7, 2008

Psalm 37

Hooray for the weekend!!! I hope you all have good plans...Jon is on call, so we don't have any plans made. Jon may or may not be in the field later tomorrow depending on whether it dries enough. We got our first taste of winter today. It snowed most of the day and was windy and blustery. There was very little on the ground when it was over, but some areas, especially bushes, were beautiful....just a nice layer of sparkling white frosting. I'm not sure what I'm doing tomorrow...I need to get some groceries, check on my mom, and there's always the never-ending cleaning. Plus I have a Blurb project to keep working on.

Thought for the day

This is one of my favorite passages....
"Trust in the Lord, and do good; dwell in the land and cultivate faithfulness. Delight yourself in the Lord; and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, Trust also in Him and He will do it. And He will bring fourth your righteousness as the light, and your judgment as the noonday. Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him;...do not fret, it leads only to evildoing....those who wait for the Lord, they will inherit the land....The steps of a man are established by the Lord; and He delights in his way. When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong; becasue the Lord is the One who holds his hand. I have been young, and now I am old; yet I have not seen the righteous forsaken, or his descendants begging bread. All day long he is gracious and lends; and his descendants are a blessing."
That is Psalm 37...parts of it.
I think sometimes we think that we can't bring our mess to God because we see it as our own fault. And that may be true. You know what? You can bring it to God anyway. There is no criteria or standard we must meet before we can bring our mess or problems to Him. He knows already and still stands ready to support, hear, forgive, and deliver. To commit our way to Him is to put our case entirely into His hands...with all our mistakes and misjudgments out in the open...and let Him come into it, take our hands, and walk through it with us. I'm counting on His word being true, how about you?

2 comments:

Kelli said...

you know..... how do you end up getting more snow than me??????!!!! I know, patience, the snow will come. . . .

Luann said...

YES IT WILL!!! and we had zero accuulation--just frosting on top