Thursday, September 11, 2008

9/11

We were flipping through channels on TV tonight and the History channel is showing 9/11 video from all kinds of sources. It's very personal and chaotic and hard to watch, yet hard to look away. It's something you want to forget but must never forget. My heart goes out to all those whose lives were forever changed and lost. There are no words... How do we begin to honor the memories of not only the people who were routinely in those towers that day, but the hundreds who went there simply to help and then died? There is no sure answer. I guess for me it means to hug everyone you love very tightly and be thankful for every grace of God that lets us live and enjoy any part of life.

Thought for the day
Somehow God knows and cares. "The Lord is near to the brokenhearted, and saves those who are crushed in spirit." Psalm 34:18

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I ran across that show too, as they re ran it later in the night. I didnt (couldnt) watch it. I hung my flag out right away yesterday morning and I was appauled that I saw hardly any others hanging on home either here or in Atlantic. Sad. I sure didnt forget...I didnt want to remember, but we must. The memorial parks that are being built are beautiful. One just never knows! I am praying for the hurricane area.