Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Do I Really Want to be in Charge?

It was another beautiful fall day, but unfortunately, I spent it inside. I thought I would go for a walk after work, but I ran out of time. Wouldn't it be nice if we could just stretch out the nice days and let the not so nice ones go faster? It's probably a good thing I'm not in charge and deciding what's a nice day, or nice weather, or good economic conditions, or good health, or whether this or that whatever is the best thing...In short, it's a good thing that I'm not God. Who knows what kind of disasters I would bring on myself, the ones I love, or maybe the entire world. Of course, I would have the best of intentions, but I have no way of knowing what's best in the ultimate sense. This doesn't mean we can't and don't make decisions, but when we become convinced that only one option can be right we stop listening to God, and if we don't get what we "know" is best we can become bitter.

Thought for the day
Lord, I want to see life from Your perspective. I want to be satisfied with seeing only as far as I can see and knowing only what I can know. It's okay that I don't know all the answers and that I don't understand some of the things You do. It's okay because I choose to trust You. I choose to trust Your heart and intention toward me and to believe that You have a future and a hope in store through all the "uncertainties" that are not uncertain to You.
"'For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the Lord, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope.'" Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Reminds me of "cant see the forest, for the trees...." Let's try to enjoy the peace and protection of the trees, no matter how "close" big, and scarey they might look!...Jesus will take care of the forest! Love ya!

Luann said...

Hi Kath, thanks for your comment--so true. You have a great day!!