Saturday, January 10, 2009

Good News

Lots of good news---I love good news. Greg was able to return to work on Friday in Charlotte. He is very thankful and relieved to get back to work. Also, Megan has an apartment picked out and will be able to move in sometime this week. This is all such good news for them...she can quit commuting and as soon as the house sells they can be together again. Thanks to all of you for your prayers and support of them through this time.
I hope you're all having a great weekend. I sure didn't accomplish much today but I guess I did some constructive things...maybe. I did some walking this week but was not able to last night or today. My back is better now, so I hopefully can again tomorrow.

Thought for the day

I'm still working on by Blurb project, and I'm finding it very refreshing to reread and process the pieces I'm putting in. God always seems to encourage me to pray and to realize the possibilities that He offers in doing that. No matter how much I learn about prayer it still can be an elusive thing. It's so much easier to think about prayer, believe in prayer, even want to pray than it is to actually pray. It can be very subtle...the distraction from actual praying. Yet there is no greater endeavor or practice to which we, or at least I, can give myself to. I guess I can't speak for others...just me.

No comments: