Monday, January 26, 2009

Making Birthday Plans

My sister and I are planning a supper out for my mom...she turns 90 on Saturday. Those that can make it will go out for supper then back to her house for birthday cake. Hopefully she's getting a lot of cards this week for her "card shower". I hope it's special for her. She said to me not too long ago when we were out for lunch, "You know, I never thought I would be this old." Just made me laugh.

Thought for the day

I've been thinking about the "ripples" (see yesterday). I sure hope I leave some ripples for my family out into the future. I don't know what they would look like, but I hope that I will leave a legacy or heritage that will lead others in my family out into the future to Christ. I hope it will also be filled with laughter and a certain freshness that bucks the "religious" establishment. I don't think it's anything I can plan or deliberately "do". I just want to help them know something fresh and real in their faith.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

YAY!!! Go Grandma, Go Grandma!

Luann said...

Keep that enthusiasm for the party!!