Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inauguration Day

















Bear with me while I share some more grand kid pix. These are from April 2008...a great time together. I've found it's easiest to download pix onto my new computer at work taking them from the blog, so this is my shortcut. There are far more pictures than I can rightfully load at work, but I love then chance to let my screen saver entertain me for a few minutes when I'm not using the computer there. I can't imagine what can make a person happier than their kids and grand kids.

I'm watching some of the inauguration programming on TV tonight. It is so precious to see these older black Americans who endured the civil rights fights seeing this come true. Whatever your conviction politically, it is truly an amazing thing to see the fruition of such a struggle in our lifetime. Our prayers are with President Obama and his family for blessing, wisdom, safety, and the strength for the challenges that lay ahead.

Thought for the day

Okay, so if I find so much joy in my family, then it only stands to reason that we bring that same kind of joy to God's father heart to an even greater degree. He really does love us that much. He rejoices over us with singing...how incredible is that?

"The Lord your God is in your midst, a victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy." Zephaniah 3:17

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Such cute pictures! Such cute kids! Enjoy those babies, they dont stay little for very long. My oldest grandson turns 20 in May!

Kelli said...

Emmy loves the pictures!